6 Day Grand Canyon Rafting Adventure
OVER 30% OFF! Unfortunately, our client can’t go on this amazing adventure. Their loss is your gain. Raft down the Colorado River from Marble Canyon, AZ to the Grand Canyon South Rim and camp on the banks at night. This is a unique trip package for the adventurists out there. This trip is provided by Arizona River Runners.
Perfect for those wanting an oar powered trip with a challenging, but rewarding 8 mile hike out of the canyon. Enjoy the thrilling rapids, beautiful side canyons, and refreshing waterfalls. Relax in the evening sharing stories with new friends and making memories that last a lifetime. Optional ground transportation from Las Vegas, NV to Marble Canyon, AZ on day 1.
This trip requires the purchaser to be physically able to handle the rafting, setting up your camp site, and make the 8 mile hike out of the canyon. We will interview the purchaser to make sure the travelers meet the requirements.
Please read what is and is not included carefully. Please email us with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
TRIP IS FOR 1 SEAT ON THE RAFT
6 Days, 5 Nights
- Ground transportation from Las Vegas to Marble Canyon on day 1 (optional) $110 in 2021 & $100 in 2022
- 89 river miles on oar rafts
- Experienced river and hiking guides
- Side hikes to scenic vistas, hidden waterfalls, and more
- Two dry bags and a camp chair
- A tent, cot, pillow, sleeping bag and sheet
- Daily meals prepared in our camp kitchen
- Snacks, water, electrolyte replenishment drinks, sodas
- Arizona River Runners insulated cup
Cost listed above does not include: Lodging before and after your trip, transportation from the South Rim after trip ends, National Park entrance fee, personal travel insurance, and gratuity.
- Pre-Trip – Plan to arrive in Las Vegas at least one day before your trip departs. A representative from Arizona River Runners will meet guests early in the morning on the first day of your trip in the lobby of the designated hotel. We will advise guests on reservation instructions for the designated hotel when you book your river trip.
- Day 1 – Las Vegas guests will meet a representative early in the morning at the designated hotel. Board the shuttle for the scenic five hour drive to Marble Canyon. Everyone will meet together with the river guides for orientation. Then guests board shuttles for a brief ride to the launch point at Lee’s Ferry. Guests will be assigned two dry bags and a life jacket, then are ready to get underway by late morning. Let the journey begin!
- Days 2–5 – Each day there are opportunities to soak up the Grand Canyon vistas, experience the biggest whitewater in North America, and explore various side canyons, waterfalls, and streams. At midday, lunch is prepared on the sandy beaches next to the river. After a full day, it will be time to set up camp and then relax while sharing stories with new friends. As the sun sets over the walls of the canyon, appreciate a good night’s rest under a starry sky.
- Day 6 – Early in the morning on the sixth day, the rafts reach Pipe Creek Boat Beach and guests pack up for the intense 8 mile hike out of the canyon via the Bright Angel Trail. The trail is well maintained but it is all uphill, gains a vertical mile of elevation, and much of it is in full sun. There are many log steps built into the trial, to help prevent erosion, and many switchbacks. The trail gets steepest as you approach the South Rim.Guests should dedicate the entire day for this hike, and reservations should be made to stay overnight at the South Rim. A river guide hikes on the trail with the group, and guests typically reach the South Rim around late afternoon. The trip with Arizona River Runners ends once hikers reach the trailhead of the Bright Angel Trail. Guests needing to return to Las Vegas should arrange a charter flight for the day after your trip ends. We will provide you contact information to set this up.South Rim Lodging: You will want to stay at the South Rim Village in Grand Canyon National Park the night after you hike out. As rooms book up quickly, please book your room as soon as possible. Reservations open 13 months in advance. To book lodging, visit Xanterra at www.grandcanyonlodges.com.